Monday, September 6, 2010

20 Oct 08: Mysore in Pictures

I'm a Photo Scavenger!
The last time I owned a camera was my first trip to Mysore in 2004. It then got stolen in Goa ... poor thief. Not only was it a film camera, it was broken too. Why buy a camera when everyone else has one? I prefer to fully experience the moment than looking at it through a viewfinder. Knowing me, I'd distract myself from the experience by trying to take the perfect picture ... and probably end up with a bad shot.

So, what I've done is to rely on my friends with good cameras and much better skill. Pictures speak a thousand words and here is a collection which will hopefully give you an inkling of my life here. By right there should be more pictures of food .. but we're always too busy eating to take pictures.

1)  Me with my American chef-bouncer friend Steve (on my left) and Aussie friend Nathan. No, my knees are NOT bent. I’m standing completely straight! Steve & Nathan are 6ft5 and 6ft4 respectively.


2) Me wearing Steve’s slipper  (aka flipper / ski).  I actually took this with my phone camera.



3) We went out of town to the country last Friday.  This is the local bus we took.  Only worrying thing was that the driver kept turning back to look at Nea (they love blonde hair).
4) Take note of the interesting passenger … it’s a Chicken in a bag!! Takeaway?!

5) This is the beautiful scenary of Coorg … 4 hours out of Mysore, mainly coffee plantations.

6) Ragi (millet) dosa - served with ginger&coconut chutney… one of my favourite foods here.

7) This is a classic …

8) Goats jumping the wall of the house next to mine.

9) Do not ask me to explain …  I have no idea.

My friend Adil at his shop
10) Here are some scenes of Mysore market:

Onions, potatoes and garlic



11) Outside the market

12)The roundabout outside Mysore palace

13) Mysore palace

14) Temple in the palace grounds

No comments:

Post a Comment